Spring

Monday, October 13, 2008

On A Walk With My Peeps!

Here is Tegan in his jogger. I have been walking down our country road about a mile in all. Isn't he so cute!!Here is Molly, she's my girl. She follows me every where around the house and outside. I love not needing a leash for her.



Here are the three cats that follow us as we walk. They hide in the corn field if a car comes by. The funny things they do as we walk is cry out if I am to far ahead. When they get tired they try to lay down in front of the stroller. I try to walk slower for them, but no way am I stopping. I stop at the end of the road to give the horses attention. :)
As I was walking today I called my Mom. I told her I was walking and she heard me tell the cat and dog to get over off the road. To her surprise, she asked, "the cats follow you"? I answered "yes"? Well, aren't you embarrassed?? ( I really don't know how to answer that.) No!
So now I am wondering why should I be embarrassed? Maybe Mom can you tell me why should I be embarrassed? Heee, honestly. Heee heee :) This should be good!

7 comments:

Kris Sorensen said...

If you just played the flute as you walked you would be like the Pied Piper of cats.

Now THAT would be embarracing. ;-)

Tonya said...

I can just picture you playing the flute and skipping as all your "peeps" are following you! LOL!

von said...

Where do I begin? I guess most people see dogs follow there owners, but a hurd of cats? It reminds me of the commercial about men riding horses hurding cats on a trail drive. So not only does your dog follow, but 3 cats? Molly I can see doing that.

I guess I must think to much what other people might think. I guess that is what i mean by embarrassed.

However, your dad and i used to have a huge long haired gray tabby cat follow us around the campus at Miltonvale Weslyan College. one of our jobs was to lock up the campus at night. At 10:30 we would go through each building lock it up and come out the back door and lock it and there the cat would be, waiting for us at each back door. It's name was dusty, because it rolled in the Kansas dust all the time. Good memories, which I am sure you will have when you remember your cat hurd.

Yvette said...

So I am wondering, Mom. Since when have you cared what other people think?Hee heee!
I would like to play the flute and have the cats follow. Maybe when I get old I will be knowen as the cat lady. Haaa Haaa. I may just have a 100 cats just to spite my mother.LOL!

von said...

I would have to say "yes" I do care what people think. I certainly don't want to an albatross to others. Maybe in my old age i'm mellowing out. :)

Yvette said...

Yes, I think you are mellowing out more. What is with the albatross comment? I don't get it? What does that have to do with what others think?

von said...

There are some possitives with getting old. (side comment) The last Sun. Tristan stayed with us grandpa was talking about birth days in the church as he does each Sun. Tristan asked me how old I'm. I had to think for a momment and said 57. Tristan said, "Oh I thought you were 90." The sad part is' he was not kidding!

Albatross: a bird that is tied around the neck and allowed to rot. This can be off putting to people around you.

You are to cute, Vet!