Spring

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I Forgot My Camera!

I wanted to have pictures of today but, forgot my digital camera. (I always carry a disposable one in the diaper bag for days like today.) At 8:30am we rushed out of the house hit a garage sale before all of our stops. We told Tracy, a friend of mine, that we would stop at her garage sale. Tracy has a hair salon in her home, and it is on Hwy 32 going towards Winchester out of Farmland.

We then rushed over to Muncie for Tumbling class. We then had lunch at McDonald's, they have monopoly game going on now. We are such suckers.:) It had to be quick lunch due to the kids being in a parade. Farmland Volunteer Fire Department sponsors a "Fire Prevention" day that has a parade and then games, prizes and a dance. We made it right on time, which I was a little stressed over making it on time. The kids loaded on the floats. This is where I would have the pictures. Tristan in a red pick-up truck with fellow Boy Scouts loaded with lots of candy and the older boys in uniform.

Tiffany and I where on the Girl Scouts hay wagon loaded with a ton of candy too. The girls wore the plastic red fire hats and all the girls and mom's had red or white shirts on. The trailer had red and white steamers and balloons. We have the best troop leaders. I fill so blessed to have such great Scout leaders for our kids.

You wouldn't think that in Oct we would have had such a hot day 80's. We where very hot on our floats. The funny thing that happened to us in the parade is a train went through and cut us off from the rest of the groups. So the parade was stalled for a while.

The rest of the day we spent in our woods cleaning up. I love it out there. Working out there brings back fond childhood memories. It also brings to mind some of my favorite movies, Narnia, First Knight, Pride and Prejudice, Secret Garden. It was a nice day for day dreams.:)

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

We missed the parade :( The b-day party went late. We came up afterwards for a fire truck ride. I too, forgot my camera! Sounds like you guys had a good day. Hope to see ya' tomorrow!

von said...

my goodness what a full day the kids should sleep well tonight. That will be such good memories for the kids, they will probably remeber this their whole lives.
Nice Job Mom!