Spring

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tegan Update #3

Last night Tegan's morphine med's made him to relaxed and he had to have oxygen last night. He is starting to become spunky. Every couple of hours he would wake up and start to take out his oxygen and take off all his wires. He would do this quietly, not fast so I wouldn't come right over.

I really appreciate all your prayers! Yesterday at 3:30pm he was playing and eating.

I thought maybe he had gone down hill when the oxygen went on last night. I was wrong. Tegan ate some breakfast and has been drinking well. Today he really wanted to be held. As I was holding him his Ivy started bleeding. So the nurse called the Dr. and they said since he was eating and drinking the nurse could keep it out. He now is taking all his med's orally.

The Dr came in a little bit ago. Since he is taking all his med's orally she said if we like we can take him home today. We have to make sure he eats before 4:00pm. If he eats and drinks well he will be discharged. He will still be really tired, but as long as we keep up what we have been doing here in the hospital she thinks it will be okay. It is also a plus that we now live 30min from the hospital. He is not eating all that great of a lunch. He fell a sleep. So keep praying he keeps eating so we can tend to him at home.

His stitches look really good. The Dr did an awesome job! So we have 3 hours before we know if he can go home. Tegan is in a good sleep. I think he is catching up on sleep since he has the ivy out. I hope he wakes up soon and eats. I will keep ya posted.
Eating his crackers yesterday
This is a picture taken from today. He is sitting up and eating gold fish. He had Daddy helping him. Notice his bandage is gone! :)

Here is Tegan' s scar.

8 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

That such great news Yvette! We'll be praying for him to eat good! He looks so good for just having surgery 2 days ago!

Kate said...

This is great! I'm so happy to hear that he's improving quickly. I hope you get to go home tonight.

Sue said...

How WONDERFUL! What a resilient little fellow!

I am so glad to hear he is recovering so quickly. Will still be praying for you all!

Dana Deffendall said...

Wow, he is doing great! Will continue to pray for all of you! I hope he is home now!

Casey R. Vincent said...

Yvette he looks great for 2 days post op brain surgery! Don't you wish we could bounce back from stuff as quickly as little ones do? I hope he ate well and got to come home today! He is in our prayers!

mike said...

You all are so brave. You have an army praying for you. It looks like all those prayers are being answered. Continuously praying.

Nathan said...

So glad things are going well!!!

Marggy Hensley said...

I am still praying also.