Spring

Thursday, March 26, 2009

P.S I Love You

Have you seen the movie P.S I Love You??? It's about a husband and wife and the husband dies from a brain tumor. Before he passes he lines up letters for her to receive after he is gone. I cry ed through the whole thing. I want to mention I watched this by myself, Ronn has never seen it.
Ronn left for Ireland on a missions trip on March 14th and was gone for a week. Ronn had left me a letter for each day he was gone. Each letter had how that day got it's name. Some days he had the kids and I on a hunt for where he left the gift. Some days it was for us to go out to eat. The last day he surprised me with flowers that were delivered and a card that had a message from him. It was all very thoughtful!! You could tell he put a lot of work and thought into each gift. The week ended up going by quickly. Ronn really made me feel special. This really reminded me of the movie. The man in the movie was from Ireland too. It was a little weird, I am glad to say he made it home safely.
Jessie stayed the week with me and helped out with the kids. She was a great help! Mom helped out a lot too. She taught Tristan that week, even had him spend a couple of nights.
I am happy to say that Ronn is taking us with him on this next trip. We are going to visit the missionaries in Jamaica. The kids and I are very excited. Tegan is going to stay with Grandma and Grandpa. He gets his own little vacation. He is going to be so spoiled.:)
We are all packed, the kids have their passports ready. We packed early so that I would hopefully keep remembering things that needed to be packed.
We are going to Jamaica with one of Ronn's co-workers and his family. We are also going with another great couple to see if they feel called into missions. Please pray for this couple that the Lord would lead and guide them. Thanks!

4 comments:

StarWarsFans said...

I bawled my eyes out watching that movie! Tell Ronn he did good. That's very sweet and romantic! I hope you all have fun on your missions trip. What an experience for the kids!

Tonya said...

I hope you have a great time Yvette! I would love to hear how it went when you get back! You have one great husband. James couldn't say enough good things about the trip, I hope to go next year!

Yvette said...

Thanks you guys! I will let Ronn know you said, he did a good job.:)
Hope you are able to go on the trip Tonya you will love it!
I will post when we get back on how the trip goes.

Shelby-Grace said...

That is really cool that Ronn did that. Can't wait to see your pictures from the trip! Hope you have great time down there!