Spring

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Homeschooling

It's official!!Tristan is homeschooling and loves it! Here he is at the kitchen table studying math. Grandma Sorensen is his teacher. She has her teaching degree and loves teaching him. I am blessed to have her! Thanks Mom for all you do!
Last year we home schooled at the church. We have just decided to stay at the house to make it easier on me and the kids. So we are in the process of turning the formal dining room into Tristan's new class room. We are all really excited with this transition.
Tiffany will also start homeschooling. She will finish kindergarten at the school. It is only half of the day. Her school room will be in the loft. That way they are able to focus on their studies and not what the other one is doing. We will have bible and history, maybe even science together. We are so excited that it is working out and everyone has good attitudes.

5 comments:

von said...

I love teaching and never get tired of seeing children light up when they get what is being taught.

StarWarsFans said...

Happy Birthday Yvette! Your card is in the mail!

Char said...

Happy Birthday Vett!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great day! I am glad to see Vonn is homeschooling the kids. And I am glad Tristan enjoys it so much.

We found some pics of you and Mike when you were younger. I hope he posts them to his blog. If he does not I will send them to you. It was good to bring back those memories.

Love ya,
Later Char

mike said...

Thought I would stop by and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

My mother is still computer handicaped so it might be a while before you get to see the pictures.

Yvette said...

Thanks everyone for remembering my Birthday!It really means a lot!!
God Bless!!
Vette